Age: can't call it
Likes: Riding bikes, Collecting gold rings & going fast, being courteous to others, secret handshakes, obeying signage
DISLIKEs: potholes, strong headwinds, Plumbers.
Favorite Food: Banana
Favorite Movie: The first 20 minutes of 2001 A Space Odyssey
All Guerrilla Grand Prix races follow the same format:
6:00pm Registration (All classes)
6:30pm Straight Up Race
7:10pm Open GuerRilla Single
7:50pm Open GueRrilla Relay
8:30pm Awards & Party
Which Race is right for me?
1. STRAIGHT UP RACE: Like riding fast? This is the garage race for you. Straight Up Races are a mass start format! Complete your laps* and be the first one to put your race plate in the bucket to win sweet prizes (gift cards, bike stuff, tasty beverages, coconuts... what have you). Each course is different, but be prepared for ~20/30 minutes of racing- depending on how fast you are. *Laps are announced day of the event- and change in accordance to the garage layout and structure.
2. OPEN GUERRILLA SINGLE: Like getting weird? Not a serious racer? Want to laugh your lungs out while trying something new? Riding the open class may be perfect for you. This race rewards you for earning points, completing tasks, and riding bikes of different varieties. Whoever gets the most points by the end of the 30 minute time period wins! *Tandems can race this category.
3. OPEN GUERRILLA RELAY: Its like riding the Open Single, but with 2-4 buddies for a relay event. This race rewards you for earning points, completing tasks, and riding bikes of different varieties. Whoever gets the most points by the end of the 30 minute time period wins! *Tandems can race this category.
POINTS FOR OPEN CLASSES
Goofiness is encouraged and expected in our open single and relay gueRrilla races. all races will reward the following points listed below
Each Lap = 1 point
Racing in Costume = 3 points
Each Banana Collected = 1 point
Tandems= 5 points
Cargo Bikes = 3 points
Trikes/Recumbents = 5 points
<25" Wheel = 3 points
Fat Bikes (3.7in tire or >) = 3 points
Bublr Bike = 2 points
Electric Bike = minus 5 points (eBikes encouraged, but you'll be handicapped)
Secret Special Points Announced Each Race
How Much is it?
$20.00 for One Race
$30.00 for Multiple
You may ride one race, or all three in one night... it's up to you dude.
What are the rules?
Life is great, and want you to be around for the afterparty. Therefore, there are sections of the garages where you will be disqualified for unsafe riding techniques. Example- areas marked "BUMS IN THE SADDLE" means if we catch you standing, you will be automatically DQ'ed.
Helmets and Brakes are REQUIRED
Adult Beverage Drinking- You must show ID and wear a wrist band to drink at Dankey events.
Who gets prizes?
Each Race will award the top 3 racers:
1. Straight Up Race (Top 3 Fastest Women and Men)
2. Open Guerilla Single (Top 3 Point Winning Individuals)
3. Open Guerilla Relay (Top 3 Point Winning Teams)
How Does the Points Race work?
In true Grand Prix style, cumulative points earned for all three dates will be added up and awarded to the Grand Prix champions after the Grand Ave Grind Finale.
Big money winners will be announced at the GGP Afterparty (date TBD)
What Should I Expect on Race day?
Format of different races
- Straight up Race
- Raceplate to be attached to back of rider
- # laps will be announced prior to the race
- Laps are marked on your raceplace by volunteers
- After completing the final lap, volunteers will direct riders to the finish chute to have position and points recorded
- Open Single
- Raceplate to be attached to back of rider
- Each lap will be recorded as 1 point
- Bonus points earned on the course
- At the 30 minute mark, the siren will sound and riders complete their current lap
- Riders then proceed to the finish chute to have their race plate collected and points recorded.
- Open Relay
- Raceplate to be attached to back of each person on the team. Write the team name on each person's raceplate
- One slap bracelet will be issued to each team during registration.Laps will only be marked for the rider wearing the slap bracelet
- Teams may decide how many, and in what order each member rides. Each team member does not need to ride an equal number of laps
- Each lap will be recorded
- At the 30 minute mark, the siren will sound and rider completes their current lap
- All riders then proceed to the finish chute to have their race plate collected and points recorded.
staging and announcements MADE 10 min between each RACE
- 6:30pm-7:00pm Straight Up Race
- 7:10pm-7:40pm Open GuerRilla Single
- 7:50pm-8:20pm Open GueRrilla Relay
Live music provided by Professor Pinkerton
Beer provided by Good City, or BYOB
- Each race registration includes 2 tickets- feel free to share with friends